08 July, 2008

cool things I have done

A friend's blog had a list of interesting things. I organized them as seen below. I believe these were all things that he had done, but he might have also gotten the list from someone else.

Things I have done:

Slept under the stars
Changed a baby's diaper
Given more than I can afford to charity
Climbed a mountain
Said "I love you" and meant it
Gone to a huge sports game
Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
Had a pillow fight
Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
Ridden a roller coaster
Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
Adopted an accent for fun
Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
Felt very happy about my life, even for just a moment
Loved my job 90% of the time
Had enough money to be truly satisfied
Watched wild whales
Gone rock climbing
Sung karaoke
Lounged around in bed all day
Played in the mud
Gone to a drive-in theater
Done something I should regret, but don't
Taken a martial arts class
Made cookies from scratch
Won first prize in a costume contest
Spoken more than one language fluently
Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
Bounced a check
Read - and understood - my credit report
Found out something significant that my ancestors did
Called or written my Congress person
Been fired or laid off from a job
Won money
Eaten sushi
Changed someone's mind about something I care deeply about
Gone back to school
Taught myself an art from scratch
Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
Dyed my hair
Rocked a baby to sleep
Brought out the best in people
Brought out the worst in people
Ridden a horse
Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
Shot a basketball into a basket
Gone to an arboretum
Tutored someone
Ridden a train
Brought an old fad back into style
Lived in an historic place
Acted in a play or performed on a stage
Gone roller skating
Sang a solo
Learned how to take a compliment
Had my portrait painted
Lied about my weight
Gone on a diet
Watched a lightning storm at sea
Written a poem
Carried my lunch in a lunchbox
Gotten food poisoning
Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
Gone to the opera
Been stuck in an elevator
Had a revelatory dream
Thought I might crash in an airplane
Laughed till my side hurt
Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
Been a cashier
Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
Donated blood or plasma
Built a campfire
Kept a blog
Had hives
Made a PowerPoint presentation
Served at a soup kitchen
Know CPR
Ridden in or owned a convertible
Found a long lost friend

Things I would like to do:

Touch an iceberg
Watch a meteor shower
Swim with wild dolphins
Hold a tarantula
Visit Paris
Stay up all night long and watched the sun rise
See the Northern Lights
Walk the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty
Grow and eat my own vegetables
Look up at the night sky through a telescope
Build a snow fort
Hold a lamb
Go skinny dipping
See a total eclipse
Go on a midnight walk on the beach
Visit Ireland
Buy a stranger a meal at a restaurant
Visit India
Milk a cow
Wear a superhero costume
Go scuba diving
Kiss in the rain
Visit the Great Wall of China
Be in a movie
Get flowers for no reason
Pick up and move to another city just to start over
Walk the Golden Gate Bridge
Help an animal give birth
Ride a motorcycle
Drive any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
Hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
Read The Bible cover to cover
Change your name
Read The Iliad
Be a DJ
Cook a dish where four people asked for the recipe
Go to a Broadway play
Be inside the pyramids
Dance at a disco
Ride a giraffe or elephant
Publish a book
Piece a quilt
Ask for a raise
Run a marathon
Learn to surf
Fly first class
Spend the night in a 5-star luxury suite
Fly in a helicopter
Visit Africa
Go spelunking
Write a love-story
See Michelangelo’s David
Own a St. Bernard or Great Dane
Learne to juggle
Sit on a jury
Find an arrowhead or a gold nugget
Hike the Grand Canyon
Get a letter from someone famous
Ride in a limousine
Learn to hula or waltz
Have a song dedicated to me on the radio or at a concert
Save someone’s life
Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint
Straddle the equator
Send a message in a bottle
Spend the night in a hostel
Conquer the Rubik’s cube
Help solve a crime

Things I would not like to do:

Be in a hockey fight
Bungee jump
Bet on a winning horse
Take a sick day when I'm not ill
Go sky diving
Be in a combat zone
Break a bone
Have your picture in the newspaper
Get someone fired for their actions
Kill and prepare an animal for eating
Be elected to public office
Put someone you love into hospice care
Have a booth at a street fair
Drop a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all fours
Rake my carpet
Wear a mood ring
Bury a child
Play in a band
Shoot a bird
Eat caviar
Let a salesman talk me into something I don’t need
Make a hole-in-one
Go deep sea fishing
Write a fan letter
Spend the night in something haunted
Run away
Be a boss
Wear knickers
Attend the Olympics
Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
Eat raw whale
Join a union
Wear custom made shoes or boots
Take a Hunter’s Safety Course
Respond to a NJP newsletter

No comments:

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day