14 July, 2008

Help.

There's a guy in my FHE group who's new. He's obnoxious and irritating and he really pisses me off. I will, out of loyalty to Mel, who's the ward FHE coordinator, and Aisling, who's our group leader, continue going to FHE, but this dude really drives me nuts. Intentionally. I feel like I'm in second grade all over again. What do I do?

Unacceptable answers include:

1. Assume the old adage "when a boy teases you, it means he likes you."
2. Giving him any sort of gift.

Sample scenario: he purposefully pronounces my name wrong because I told him it upsets me. He walks up to me at a ward activity and says, "Hey Eliza." Ideas for action ... or lack thereof? Maybe I'm wicked but I feel like doing the whole "getting a rise out of me means he wins" concept is untrue here because he is expecting me to just grin and bear it. Can I tell him off? Please?

2 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

When he walks up and says, "Hey, Eliza?" say, "Yes, Annoying?" or something like that (also possibilities: Obnoxious, Person Who Drives Me Insane, etc). And be only sort of joking about it.

Elisa said...

ooh, good one.

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day