19 March, 2010

It's the little things...

Today was one of those really long days at work--not so much because it was Friday, but because C spit up on me three times and is teething and D is going through a "throwing food from her high chair" phase and I was just kind of annoyed. Oh well. However, this little moment made it all worthwhile. Maybe.

Note: D is no longer breastfed. She sees her mom nursing C all the time, which is probably the source of this conversation.
Scene: I am standing next to D, age 2.

D: (gesticulating wildly, which usually indicates she wants to be picked up) Hey! Hey!
Me: Hey? (I lean over to pick her up)
D: (GRABS my boobs, one in each hand, like a frat boy) Milk! MILK!!
Me: Uh...no, there's no milk in there.
D: (insistently) Milk!!!
Me: Nope. No milk. Only Mommy has milk. Not Elisa.
D: (looks utterly flabbergasted) No milk? (Her hands have not yet left my breasts)
Me: Nope.
D: (Grabs my shirt and struggles to lift it up, presumably to see for herself if what I say is true) Wanna see! Wanna see!

Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elisa, That's so sweet and funny! Did I ever tell you that i used to think (at age 3) that my mom had one breast for orange juice and one for milk????

Mom

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day