17 March, 2009

This is not very realistic.

I am still looking for a job. Remember when you were in high school and you took one of those aptitude quizzes that told you what career you would be best at? Mine told me to be a mime or a puppeteer. No lie. Anyway, I was trying to think of jobs that appeal to me (ones I can get without a Master's degree) and here's what I came up with.

1. Hungarian interpreter. One resume out on that.
2. Nanny for non-insane family. Preferably a baby. Fact: most people looking for childcare are insane. Or wish to pay TWO DOLLARS AN HOUR. True story.
3. Hospital chaplain. I think I would be good at that. Unfortunately, you need a Master's degree in Theology and two years of ministering experience to qualify (Does ministering to my current roommates count? No?)
4. Working at a funeral home. I do not know why being around sad people appeals to me so. Again, not a lot of jobs in this field.
5. Dog groomer. One resume out so far.
6. Companion to an old lady like in an Agatha Christie novel. Psych! I would hate that.

Oh boy. I am in serious, serious trouble.

5 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

I wish I could hire you to come nanny for Wes. Except ya..2 dollars an hour is about what I can afford. Especially since I don't actually need a nanny since I don't have a job.

Elisa said...

That doesn't stop LOTS of people...

theFinn said...

Want me to poison any of the MTC Hungarian teachers? Just puttin the offer out there...

Leah said...

I wouldn't give up on the exciting world of puppetry just yet. And mimes! Totally exciting. ;D

Megan said...

I know a family in Sp. fork looking for a nanny--3 year old and newborn...

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day