30 March, 2009

Things on my mind

1. Rock and Roll really did peak in the 1960s. And it's not nostalgia telling me this, because I was not alive in the 1960s. I'm not saying glam rock and punk are not awesome, because they so are. But no one, I repeat, NO ONE, can touch the Who.

2. When I was in high school, I was pretty friendly and tried to be nice to everyone, and I would say I liked pretty much everyone. There were probably only two or three exceptions to this (which I will not disclose...not that it matters six years later). However, I have to say that although I liked almost everyone, there were probably only ten to fifteen people that I truly respected. The past few years or so, I have once again been spending time with lots of people that I like, but do not respect. This bothers me.

If you're freaking out right now because you think I'm talking about you, relax. I most likely am not.

3. Last night C. gave Toby a small piece of chicken and he went insane with pleasure. When we put him in his crate that night, he whined ALL NIGHT LONG. All he could think about was chicken chicken chicken. We are convinced the thought of meat is making him mad. Mad as in insane. Maybe meat makes every living thing insane? It's in the Old Testament, people!

4. I spent about twenty minutes during my 527 exam today thinking about how much I hate taking tests, and composed a most excellent blog post about it. It was so funny. Unfortunately, I can't remember a word of it, a mere three hours later.

5. Tugboats. How do they tug the big boats when the big boats are so much bigger?

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Tugboats! I know, gahhhh! They are such a mystery!

TheMoncurs said...

I am constantly writing blog posts in my head. They are funny! They are brilliant! They are totally gone by the time I get to a computer!

And tugboats are a modern marvel.

Mom said...

I'll ask Dave about the tugboats, Elisa. He seemed to know a lot about them from being in the Navy. We watched a few when we were at the Edgewater last weekend.
Mom

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day