However, last night I went to my cousin's wedding, and I remembered why special days are actually kind of nice. The bride and groom actually seemed to be enjoying themselves.
She looked beautiful. He was wearing a suit. Everybody in my family was there and dressed up and sitting together. Another cousin read a poem. Another made a drunken toast. We ate hummus and dolma and feta cheese and did a Turkish dance in a circle. Everybody got drunker and drunker and danced more and more stupidly (including me, though I was not drunk) and it was just a big, crazy party.
I know I have been writing a lot about how badass and gorgeous and fantastic my family is, but that is because it is true.
Also, I am TOTALLY playing this song on my wedding slideshow.
3 comments:
As far as special days go, I think my wedding was pretty stress-free. Well, for me, at least. I just pushed the stress onto other people instead. AND there was stupid dancing involved.
I can testify to the stupid dancing at theFinn's wedding. I was a main contributor.
I also had a blast at my own wedding reception. Stupid dancing being a contributing factor. Pushing the stress off on to other people is a great idea.
Also, please invite me to your wedding.
Post a Comment