23 August, 2010

These are my 10 favorite movies.

Fact: I have been working on this list since March. I was going to add a critical analysis of each movie explaining why it is good but the truth is, I don't have to explain anything to you. These are my ten favorite movies, and that's that.

1. Drop Dead Fred


This child was me. High voice? Check. Vivid imagination that got me into trouble? Check. Issues? Check.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I have pretty much turned into the adult version of Elizabeth as well ... before her cool transformation. I suppose now would be as good a time as any to become hot and confident, though, right? What do you think?

1. Harold and Maude


When I become old, my goal is to be EXACTLY like Maude.

Also, this movie has the best and most subtle comic timing in the history of comic timing.

1. Little Miss Sunshine


I like movies about families.

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind


I like movies about people falling in love. That are not cheesy.

Also, you know that scene where Jim Carrey tells Kate Winslet that she's not ugly? That scene is my favorite scene in movie history. I tried to find it but alas, I could not. Go watch it.

1. Love Actually


I like movies where people's lives overlap in interesting ways. Especially British people.

1. New York Doll


I like movies that touch on the subject of religion without slipping into cliches.

Fact: this is the best Mormon movie ever made.

1. X-men


OMG I LOVE COMIC BOOKS. And Hugh Jackman. And Patrick Stewart.

1. When Harry Met Sally



I really like movies about friends who fall in love. Unfortunately.

1. Star Trek


I want to marry this movie. I just love Sci-Fi so, so much.

1. Return to Me



On the other hand, though, sometimes I just want to watch a girly movie with babies and romance and nuns and old people.

1. Beauty and the Beast


All nerdy girls love this movie. Belle is OUR Disney princess.

If you disagree with me about these movies, know that I am extremely on edge this week and may scream at you. That is all.

4 comments:

Gordon said...

Instead of complaining about Beauty and the Beast's completely unfair treatment of Gaston, let me brag just a little: My fiance's great uncle directed Harold and Maude.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=5dOn9J5vhEo&feature=related Sorry about the subtitles, but it was the only one. I love it too and it makes me tear when Joel says, "Let me keep this memory."

Elisa said...

Thank you, Anonymous Hero!!

Melanee said...

Drop Dead Fred was a classic for me growing up. A lot of guys like Beauty and the Beast, too. I think it is because a beautiful girl falls in love with a beast...

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day