Here are some things I have been thinking about lately.
I got the job at the MTC. That is neat, but what it really means, as I said earlier, is that they will call me when there is an opening. They had one not too long ago, but then it was filled by a former teacher who decided to come back. I had scheduled an interview quite long time ago, then cancelled it for a job interview I thought I wanted more. The interview (with BYU Broadcasting) had gone so well I assumed it was a shoo-in--she had even said "when you work here" the whole time, using the future tense as opposed to the potential mood. I left some writing samples with her and I think that must have been what turned her off. She struck me as a repressed, conservative type, and I think one of the pieces of writing was about something vaguely political? I don't remember for sure, but I am convinced that is what did it. I offended her with my writing. Not that I'm sorry about that. Anyway, I wonder if I shouldn't have cancelled that initial MTC interview, and then maybe I would have gotten the job. Then Grady falls asleep in my arms, and I think, eh, screw it. All I want is my babies. Even at eight dollars a freakin hour, I want to stay with my babies.
If the MTC calls, I will take the job, because I felt so strongly that I needed to apply there. But that will probably not be for a long time, if ever.
The SEGO festival was this weekend, and it was pretty fun. I am glad it is over. I spent a great deal of my own money on last-minute necessities (but not nearly as much as Ama did, so I have no right to complain) so I do not feel obligated to donate to the SEGO festival fund this year or next year. Well, maybe next year, if I have a better job. I am very happy that the SEGO festival is over now. It was fun, mind you, but now Ama can smile again, and we can all sleep.
I could happily live the rest of my life eating cheesy bread. Assuming I could do that without becoming anemic or fat.
Today Bryan repelled from the second-story balcony and I wanted to kill him.
The End.
Oh yeah, and I'm getting a dog.
His name is Shadow, but that is pretty much the name of every black dog in existence, and I'm not crazy about it. I'm trying to think of a name that ends in O, but is cool. Ideas so far include Milo, Kilo, Benno, and Shiloh. Others?
5 comments:
Oh, what about Diego, guys?
Diego is an awesome dog name.
Where do you live that allows a dog? I am really, REALLY anxious to get a dog again.
Yeah, it's me, Elder Rosenhan from the LFP.
Hey! I live in a house south of campus, we just have a really chill landlord. I'd invite you to move in, but there's like this code thing ... sorry man.
And I think Diego very well may be the winner.
I forgot to mention that the eventual winner was Sego. Like the flower. And the festival.
WHY did you not tell me you got the job at the MTC? I am sorely tempted to poison one of those teachers just so that we can spend more time together...
Post a Comment