20 May, 2010

CELEBRITY CRUSHES

After such a heavy post earlier this week, I thought I would lighten things up a bit, in an effort to bring some balance to the Universe. You're welcome. Also, I am very excited to announce that, after a lengthy stint at the top, "Man sucking boobs milk video" has FINALLY ceased to become my number one search term on Google Analytics. This is a happy day. It dropped all the way to number four, even. This really is excellent news.

I have no idea how that search leads to my blog, so don't ask.

Anyway, so last night I was at the temple, minding my own business, and a very nice and presumably well-meaning woman came up to me and said, "You have such a pretty dress! Is that your WEDDING dress?"

Here's a Multiple Choice Question. Did I:

A. Burst into tears.
B. Punch her in the face.
C. Both A and B.
D. Smile politely and respond with something I forget what I said exactly, but it wasn't bitter or mean.

The answer is, of course, D. Raise your hand if you're proud of me.

Thank you, thank you.

I got to thinking, though, that not being in a relationship is actually pretty fabulous for lots of reasons, one being that I can listen to this song and it's kinda like a double entendre and two, CELEBRITY CRUSHES!!!!!

I always feel guilty lusting after other men whilst concurrently lusting after a real live man with flaws, especially when he is in the same room or theater with me. But if all I got is imaginary crushes, less stress for me! I have got it made.

Here are some famous people that I have crushes on. This is just a small sampling and is by no means exhaustive.

I would TOTS have sex with Christopher Walken mostly because of this music video. He is smart, funny, mysterious, and can dance. Also, he is from Queens. WIN. I know a lot of people think he has a scary face, but sometimes scary is sexy. Also, I am attracted to his mind, you shallow, shallow jerk.

According to IMDB.com, he has been married to the same woman since 1969, which is both awesome and not good, depending on how seriously I start taking this celebrity crush. Also, I found out just now that he is older than my mom. I don't care.


First of all, hi, Batman. Christian Bale was THE BEST Batman. Better than Michael Keaton, better than Val Kilmer, and CERTAINLY better than George Clooney. I mean, really. I love comic books and I would say I love Batman equally as much as X-men, slightly more than Spiderman and significantly more than Superman, especially after the latest Superman movie, which I hated. My point is, Christian Bale as Batman is really really great.

Also, hi, NEWSIES. Watching Newsies was one of the first times I realized I was attracted to men. Newsies was for most girls my age what Leia's brass bikini in Return of the Jedi was for lots of little boys. If you catch my meaning.

And finally, Rescue Dawn. He's actually not that hot in that movie. But it's a really IMPORTANT movie, and I respect him for being in it, especially since he lost so much weight for the role and I think ate a real snake too. That's badass. It might even make up for the fact that he drinks way, way too much alcohol and is reportedly kind of a douche. NEVER STOPPED ME FROM LOVING SOMEONE BEFORE.

If you think I am talking about you right now, I am not.


Lastly, Alan Rickman. I might only love him because Sense and Sensibility is such a great film, in my opinion better than Pride and Prejudice, or it could be because he was in Galaxy Quest and that movie is really hilarious.

Clearly, I have a thing for deep voices. Don't even get me started on how I feel about Eddie Vedder.

Here is a representative quote which proves I also love Mr. Rickman for his mind:

"I do feel more myself in America. I can regress there, and they have roller-coaster parks."

Oh Alan I would ride a roller-coaster with you ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. Even though IMDB just informed me that you are, in fact, the same age as my mom. I can forgive you for that, as well as for cheating on Emma Thompson in Love Actually.

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot about Die Hard. I love that movie.

5 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

A. a bunch of girls in our ward are convinced Aaron is Walken's long lost twin. I'm totally married to one of your crushes.

B. I. WANT. BALE.

C. I love Rickman but in a platonic kind of way.

Have you ever seen Pushing Daisies? I am madly in love with Lee Pace. I dream about him sometimes and I've decided to not feel guilty about that.

sarah said...

Elisa:

Three things:

1. I laughed through this whole post.

2. Christian Bale sounds retarded as Batman.

3. Loved the extra touches on the photos.

theFinn said...

So many people laugh at the Christian Bale Batman voice, but, when you think about it, that's actually SMART. Batman is talking to people who know Bruce Wayne really, really well. Those other superheroes are idiots for not disguising their voices. Elisa, if you were a superhero and talked to me with your regular voice behind a mask, I would totally know.

Clearly, I love Christian Bale. Almost as much as I love Batman.

Don said...

Hi there,

I am commenting because I would like to add that as great as "Rescue Dawn" is, I think even better is the stylized documentary that it's based on, "Little Dieter Needs to Fly", by Herzog as well!

I enjoy following your blog, live in Coulee Dam, and I also lived in SLC.

I will refrain from commenting on "HAWT", heh heh.

hediyeh said...

I'm starting to worry I'm not marriage material because after last week's episode of 30 rock, I realized my "celebrity crush" on Matt Damon is more serious than I could have ever imagined. Don't tell Pete.

PS I love you

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day