22 June, 2011

Should I Get Rid of This?: Day 5 (grey flapper hat)

Two things to start.

1. Classy people definitely take photos in the bathroom.

2. Just because a gay guy says something looks good and you should buy it, does not make it true.

wearing grey flapper hat, dark blue dress (JC Penney),
black vest (Urban Outfitters) and black studded sandals* (Papaya)
*not that you can see them
also featuring: SPIDER HANDS

I bought this hat at Goodwill because my friend said it was cute. I guess it is, but I also don't really wear hats that often. I kept worrying it was going to fall off. I also worry it looks like I am trying too hard ... to be Annie Hall? Or Grace from Annie? Not really sure.

On the other hand, I did get some compliments on it, but they might have been being passive aggressive.

On the third, alien hand, maybe I could pull off the hat under the right circumstances? I dunno. I am leaning towards getting rid of this, though.

Now that I look at it again, this kind of has a 1840s safari hunter look to it, huh? Which may or may not be a good thing.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I have one of those in black that I paid full price for and have yet to wear. It's a hard style to pull off, I think.

theFinn said...

Keep it as a costume accessory. The minute you get rid of it, you'll regret it.

Elisa said...

V, such a good point! I just remembered that this hat would work perfectly with my "greyscale" Halloween costume idea. :)

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day