14 June, 2011

Should I Get Rid of This?: Day 1 (black lace dress)

When I first looked at this outfit in the mirror, my immediate thought was "Heavens to Betsy, I'm as big as a house."Wearing black lace dress, black t-shirt (thrifted), black skirt (JC Penney), silver sandals (Target) and silver headband (no idea ... Safeway?)

I bought this dress because it was really comfortable and flow-y and sometimes I like to spin around in a big dress like a five year-old girl. Also, it reminded me a little of 80s-era Madonna, and that's awesome. On the other hand, though, because it's so flow-y, it makes me look big. It would be a smashing maternity piece (I think about these things) but I'm not planning on becoming maternal in the proximate future, so that's a bit irrelevant.

Also, this dress has to be layered rather aggressively, because lace is diaphanous.

I was feeling pretty solid on giving this one away, but I am going to try it with a belt. And I met a friend for lunch and as soon as he saw me he started raving about how much he liked the dress, so that puts us back on the fence, vote-wise.

This really is a cute headband, even though you can't see it.


Lace | Everybody, Everywear

3 comments:

katiekono said...

"30 for 30" uh... Does this mean we are going to see you in a different outfit for 30 days?

Kayla said...

I'd like to withhold my vote until I see it with a colored belt. Because I think a funky belt would make all the difference here, ya know?

K

theFinn said...

I'm going to be bold and vote FOR this dress! I agree that the idea of a colorful belt (or scarf used as belt) would probably make it more awesome, but I like it enough to take my stand now. Unless the layering is too obnoxious, but only you can decide that.

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day