16 April, 2011

Not all famous Mormons are people I am ashamed of.

Know what's cool? Being smart, and being a writer, and being a Jeopardy champion WITHOUT being a giant pretentious douchebag. Also, being a Mormon who doesn't make me cringe every time someone mentions his name (I'm looking at you, G. Beck).

Although I could be talking about my buddy Alison, currently I am talking about Ken Jennings, who is from the same general area where I now live and maybe was at Emerald City Comic Con when I was also there. I didn't see him, but I saw pictures later.

Ken Jennings did his crazy Jeopardy-defeating streak when I was a freshman in the dorms at BYU, and lemme tell you, we were FREAKING OUT. I was on the Honors Floor, though, so we were kind of nerds.

Anyway, Ken was on Reddit (which I infrequent) answering questions, and he was so charming and real and high-fiveable I just wanted to share some highlights. If you have lots of time you can read the whole cotton-pickin' thing here, but it's awfully long. It's worth it, but if you read the whole thing you may or may not be late for whatever you are doing next.

Here are some screenshots that are just funny:

Click to enlarge!


See how funny he is? In such a inclusive way. His humor has a little bit of something for everyone.

This bit, I think, was my most favorite, and summed up quite accurately how I feel about the disconnect I sometimes feel between being "a Mormon" and being myself.


Who could say it better? Only Jesus.

Here are some other choice Mormon jokes/comments. All well done.



This is the kind of stuff that should be on Mormon.org.

I just like this guy so much. The End.

4 comments:

Holly said...

The last snippet from the Ken Jennings Q&A made me laugh so hard. He really is pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Cammie said...

Man, he's funny. Thanks for sharing.

Kelsy said...

He's the tops.

Brooke said...

I had NO IDEA Ken Jennings was so cool. This was the best.

PS my word verification is "criess."

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day