07 November, 2010

Not Being Naked: prologue

Mission:

Straight from Miss Kendi's mouth.

"take 30 items from my closet (shoes included) and mix them into 30 different outfits over about a month period...Shoes are included in the count, coats and accessories (i.e. tights, jewelry, hats, gloves, and so on) are not...[Also] no shopping for 30 days."

This is one of those projects that has the potential to alienate my male readership, because not all males care about clothes. That's why I put the word "naked" in the title. Just trying to keep things interesting for everyone.

Plus, it's my blog! I do what I want!

The materials:

I can't always remember where my clothes came from, but I'll try. Also, most bloggers are posting photos of their items, but I figure that would ruin the surprise. Slash, I'm lazy.

Note: when writing about clothes, consistent capitalization is 4 losers

Tops:

Black t-shirt (Costco)
White t-shirt (Wal-mart)
Neon green t-shirt (Macys?)
blue v-neck t-shirt (urban outfitters)
Brown peasant blouse (boutique in Paris)*
purple checkered shirt (thrifted)
White blouse (gift from Mom)
Other white blouse (Nordstrom?)**
total = 8

*See? I am actually classy. This cancels out the Costco and Wal-mart.
**So I like white blouses. So what?

Sweaters:

long blue sweater (Forever 21)
long white sweater (JC Penney?)
orange sweater (thrifted)
other orange sweater (some shop in Hungary)*
total = 4

*also got a thing for orange sweaters.

Skirts:

Grey pencil skirt (target)
Other grey pencil skirt (thrifted)*
denim skirt (gift from Mom)
other denim skirt (thrifted)*
brown skirt (target)
total = 5

*So I like grey pencil/denim skirts. So what?

Dresses:

brown polka dot dress (BYU bookstore ... I know)
short blue dress (urban outfitters)
short red dress (thrifted)
grey and white dress (thrifted)
total = 4

Pants:
total = 0
I don't wear any pants. No, seriously. I don't.

Leggings:

black (forever 21)
white (target?)
total = 2

Misc.

black vest-type thing (urban outfitters?)
total = 1

Jackets:

black fake leather jacket (Target)
total = 1

Shoes:

grey fake snakeskin shoes (thrifted)
chacos (online)*
black sandals (papaya)
total = 3

*theses are not exactly fashion-friendly, but I love them and cannot live a whole month without them.

Boots:

black hooker boots (thrifted)
red superhero boots (thrifted)
total = 2

Let's get this "wearing clothes every day" thing STARTED
(The project starts tomorrow)

xoxoxoxox
ek


5 comments:

ZuZu Pebbles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ZuZu Pebbles said...

Good luck with your remixing! Due to the facts that you don't ever wear pants and opted to included hooker boots, I'm betting your outfits will rock! (I truly mean that in the best way possibly too... not in a sarcastic way) :)

Rachel. said...

after seeing your last post I spent way too much time this morning clicking on various links and looking at other's past projects and/or wishing I didn't miss the friday deadline. but who knows, maybe I'll do it anyway, just for me. I also had the thought that if your sunday theme days are any indication, that you will do fabulous at this 30 day project.

archives said...

hello fellow 30 for 30 remixer! good luck, i look forward to following your mixes! :)

Kayla said...

I am SO EXCITED for this.

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day