26 February, 2010

Things to make your day, dear friends.

Dedicated at least in part to Austin, who is extraordinary.

This is one of my favorite movie moments ever.




Also, this. I wish real life were more like this.




However, if I were to sing a song while walking somewhere, it would almost certainly be this one, with Mr. Arnstein's name possibly changed.



And mostly because I love Christopher Walken oh-so-much, this is another thing I love.



And finally, if my future husband isn't cool with our making something EXACTLY like this (except with a different song), starring all our friends and relatives, the wedding is off.



It's quite possible I will never get married, for this and other reasons. But when I start to feel depressed about that, I just think of Judy Garland, my hero.

No, seriously, she and I are practically the same person. Personality, mannerisms, body issues, we share it all.

(Barbra Streisand is also in this but I don't really feel a special connection to her)



A lot of people would consider identifying with Hollywood's original drug headliner a bad thing, but I just own it.



David, this is film uno of the tap dancing movies that will change your life. Also, you don't comment on my blog like you used to. I miss it.

Have a great weekend everybody! I am going to Portland and am going to eat here.

6 comments:

Rachel S said...

All I can say is, I am definitely coming to your wedding.

eden said...

amen to the first two. not that i dislike the others, i just don't feel strongly about them like you do. (:

i do like christopher walken. you've seen him in the fatboy slim video, right? i love that video!

eden said...

and ps - that wedding video is awesome.

L'homme pressé said...

I think its because we talk all the time now. I usually only comment on blogs to let people know I read them. Also, I've been sick.

Holly said...

Elisa, I'm pretty sure I've only met you like once at the Sunspring Garden thing but I stumbled upon your blog and I've been reading it ever since. I think it is now time to confess that you are my hero.

jackie said...

oh my goodness. these are all great links!

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day