14 February, 2010

HAPPY LOVE FOR CHINESE PRESIDENT'S DAY!!!

Today's theme is: being a woman.

Because I am a woman, and also because I am pathetic, I lurrrvvveeee Mommy Blogs. Love 'em. Especially the ones run by classy, sarcastic, down-to-earth, this-is-who-I-wanna-be-someday mommies. Here is a video I found on Girl's Gone Child that is quite interesting. Sorry about the ad at the beginning.


You know, sometimes I feel kinda sorry for men. Women are tots confusing. The most helpful thing I learned from the video above is that 1. women are told that cool people don't care about silly things like Valentine's Day but 2. you totally have to do something anyway, because NOT doing something might mean something but also 3. you should do romantic stuff all the times just because. So the answer to "when should I do something romantic for my S.O.?" is, in fact: yesterday.

Sorry dudes.

Please click here if you want to see a bunch of vintage black and white photos of people kissing and remember just why women are worth keeping around. You will recall that black and white photos of people kissing are one of my main reasons for life. Holiday or no.

My dad gave me a small box of chocolates for Valentine's Day which I (don't tell him!) almost certainly won't eat, unless I melt it on top of something. I don't like plain milk chocolate. Only dark. But bless his heart for trying.

What was I saying about women being difficult?

However, my dad brings home a point that I think we should focus on: Valentine's Day ought to be about all the types of love, not just kissy-kissy love. Another Mommy Blogger that I read writes love letters to her kids every Valentine's Day. I think that idea is adorable and I totally plan to steal it. If I thought Sego would appreciate a love letter I might write one to him, but he would probably just eat it. I took him for a Valentine's Day walk instead.

Fact: Valentine's Day Walks are EXACTLY like any-other-day-of-the-year walks, except there are more people walking around.

Anyway, this year is the year of the Tiger. Tigers are reportedly brave, competitive and unpredictable, which pretty well sums up my expectations for this year. I'm excited.

I was born in the year of the Rat. Bummer. I remember when I was little we learned about the Chinese Zodiac in class and my paper said to me, "Marry a dragon or a monkey." And I was like, hey! Then I eventually figured out what that meant. But it was pretty funny.

Also, if you want to read some funny/marginally disrespectful/stops short of unpatriotic stories about former presidents in honor of tomorrow, check this out. Me, I have a job interview, so you could say I am centering my Presidents Day around the pieces of linen that bear their noble visages. Or something.

If you are still reading this, I love you.

2 comments:

eden said...

aww... love you too! (:

Austin said...

I was born in the year of the tiger. YES!!!!!

I hope that means FANTASTIC things for this year. really.

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day