26 July, 2009

Day 4: Job interviews and Hammer pants

2 July 2009..................................................................................................................A park

The interview went really well, and I got the job. They're paying me more than twice what I expected, and I think the project is going to be really fun. I think it's a good omen that I found an Indian restaurant nearby. I'm going to go there later this afternoon.

2 July 2009.........................................................................................................On the metro

I'm actually pretty proud of myself re: how quickly I figured out the metro system here. It's only been two days and I already feel like I could get anywhere in the city I needed to. This may say more about the metro system than about me. But some of us take whatever praise we can get.

My gosh the men here are so handsome. I don't know how, if I should, to elaborate on that. It's just true. France has simply beautiful specimens of both genders. I'm glad I didn't serve my mission here.

Today was a very slow day to make up for the fact that I lived yesterday at an absolutely breakneck pace. After my job interview, I went to a park and sat for awhile, then I just walked around the streets for awhile, occasionally entering stores that looked interesting. There is a style of pants that is stylish here that I really want to buy. They are linen, capri length, and look like the lovechild of a gathered skirt and Aladdin pants. They are awesome. I'm not sure where to look for them though. I'll have to ask Aurelia.

2 July 2009.....................................................................................Still on the metro

So I've got the metro figured out, but not the commuter trains.

2 comments:

theFinn said...

The pants with the elastic at the bottom and the crotch past your knees? I really hope you didn't find any.

Sterling and Cori Anne said...

I like the comment about the mission. Don't want to fall in love with all the guys you teach I suppose. :) We should go to Europe one day!

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day