This is, officially, the worst feeling in the world.
1. Thinking of a book I want to read right this very minute.
2. Looking online to see if it is at the library.
3. Finding the record of the book!
4. Finding out that the book is available!!
5. Writing the call number of the book on my hand/in my planner.
6. Driving/walking/biking to the library intensely excited to check out said book.
7. Finding the call number where the book should be.
8. The book is not there.
No man on earth has ever broken my heart like that.