14 December, 2008

Again? Really? So Soon?

Yes, I am blogging twice in one day. Shut up. I'm awesome.

What I Want:
1. To be happy.
2. To find a new job come April that pays better and makes the world a better place (and my interpretation of that can be as broad as I want to make it, because it is my life).
3. To get published.
4. To start writing poetry again (not necessarily for publication).
5. To buy wood flooring for our house.
6. To fall in love with someone who actually loves me back.
7. To read lots and lots of books.
8. To find my great-grandfather and his ancestors, so I can do their work.
9. To do well in school, per my own standards.
10. To potty-train Sego.

What I Got:
1. A dog that poops in the house. But come winter I may sign up for obedience classes.
2. School-wise, I am, actually, doing pretty well in the subjects that interest me. My progress in my science GEs leave something to be desired, as does my motivation to do something about it. Oh well, semester's almost over.
3. A lead to German military records at the Family History Library that may or may not have the information I want. Sadly, I will have to wait until next year to find out. Stupid snow ruining my trip to Salt Lake...
4. Not a lot of time, but lots of books I want to read. Right now I am in the midst of A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again and am enjoying it immensely.
5. Lots of love, and even more uncertainty! I don't know how much longer I can put up with this limbo business. Either you like me or you don't, right? Not that hard.
6. Carpet that is so stained no one knows the original color.
7. Some ideas, but even more trepidation about whether or not the poetry I might write will be any good. Onwards and upwards, I guess.
8. A phenomenal writing opportunity next semester that I don't want to say any more about, because I don't want to jinx it. Stay tuned!
9. A lot of ideas, but it's too soon to know for sure.
10. Against all odds, and in spite of #5 (pretty much the only source of real sadness in my life ... I know, right? I need to count my blessings), I am happy. Really happy.

(Speaking of poetry, this is a chiasmus!)

No comments:

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day