27 September, 2008

This is real.

Here are some things I have been thinking about lately.

I got the job at the MTC. That is neat, but what it really means, as I said earlier, is that they will call me when there is an opening. They had one not too long ago, but then it was filled by a former teacher who decided to come back. I had scheduled an interview quite long time ago, then cancelled it for a job interview I thought I wanted more. The interview (with BYU Broadcasting) had gone so well I assumed it was a shoo-in--she had even said "when you work here" the whole time, using the future tense as opposed to the potential mood. I left some writing samples with her and I think that must have been what turned her off. She struck me as a repressed, conservative type, and I think one of the pieces of writing was about something vaguely political? I don't remember for sure, but I am convinced that is what did it. I offended her with my writing. Not that I'm sorry about that. Anyway, I wonder if I shouldn't have cancelled that initial MTC interview, and then maybe I would have gotten the job. Then Grady falls asleep in my arms, and I think, eh, screw it. All I want is my babies. Even at eight dollars a freakin hour, I want to stay with my babies.

If the MTC calls, I will take the job, because I felt so strongly that I needed to apply there. But that will probably not be for a long time, if ever.

The SEGO festival was this weekend, and it was pretty fun. I am glad it is over. I spent a great deal of my own money on last-minute necessities (but not nearly as much as Ama did, so I have no right to complain) so I do not feel obligated to donate to the SEGO festival fund this year or next year. Well, maybe next year, if I have a better job. I am very happy that the SEGO festival is over now. It was fun, mind you, but now Ama can smile again, and we can all sleep.

I could happily live the rest of my life eating cheesy bread. Assuming I could do that without becoming anemic or fat.

Today Bryan repelled from the second-story balcony and I wanted to kill him.

The End.

Oh yeah, and I'm getting a dog.





His name is Shadow, but that is pretty much the name of every black dog in existence, and I'm not crazy about it. I'm trying to think of a name that ends in O, but is cool. Ideas so far include Milo, Kilo, Benno, and Shiloh. Others?

5 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh, what about Diego, guys?

L'homme Masqued said...

Diego is an awesome dog name.
Where do you live that allows a dog? I am really, REALLY anxious to get a dog again.

Yeah, it's me, Elder Rosenhan from the LFP.

Elisa said...

Hey! I live in a house south of campus, we just have a really chill landlord. I'd invite you to move in, but there's like this code thing ... sorry man.

And I think Diego very well may be the winner.

Elisa said...

I forgot to mention that the eventual winner was Sego. Like the flower. And the festival.

theFinn said...

WHY did you not tell me you got the job at the MTC? I am sorely tempted to poison one of those teachers just so that we can spend more time together...

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day