05 September, 2008

I'm glad I served a mission


I was talking to Weenie tonight about the weird transition from missionary to civilian, and she said something I found significant.

"I'm pretty much the same person I was before,"she said. "except a lot more blessed, and a lot more confident."

I realized something very interesting just then. Because of my mission, it is so much easier for me to talk to people now. I am so much friendlier. I'm even better at flirting.

Counter intuitive, no? But oh so igaz. I can think if a dozen examples from just today. I was standing at the printer in the library, waiting for the kid in front of me to finish printing the longest PowerPoint presentation in the history of mankind. He was cute in an all-American ultra-heterosexual kind of way. Before my mission I wouldn't have even made eye contact. But utilizing my super-fantastic boss radical mission powers, I struck up a conversation.

"I'm streeting him," I thought to myself. "Eh, who cares? He likes it! Sha la la la ..."

After one of my classes got out, I was walking down the hallway, eating an apple. I walked pass a cute granola-type guy, who was also eating an apple. I winked at him. You and me, we like eating apples. Ridiculous, I know. But harmless. And it was fun.

Don't even get me started on the kid in my geology class.

*pats self on back*

Whoops. Or rather.

*high fives God*

I believe in a God who gives high fives.

No comments:

Darth Vader Quotes

There was an error in this gadget

Andy Warhol Art of the Day